2020 All Events
Monday, October 19
- 8:30 a.m. | Introduction to NIH R Awards
- 10:30 a.m. | Introduction to Career Development Awards for Biomedical Researchers
- 11:00 a.m. | Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Research Opportunities in the Time of COVID
- 11:45 a.m. | TraCS Be Nimble, TraCS Be Quick – UNC CTSA Enables Rapid Response to COVID-19
- 1:00 p.m. | Research and Study Abroad Info Session event recording available
- 3:00 p.m. | Hettleman Talks event recording available
- 4:00 p.m. | PharmAlliance Month Keynote: Dr. Bryan Roth event recording available
- 4:00 p.m. | Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures Undergraduate Research Roundtable
- 5:00 p.m. | Research in Public Policy
Tuesday, October 20
- 11:00 a.m. | Strengthening Existing and Facilitating New Vision Zero Plans
- 12:00 p.m. | Introduction to PubMed
- 2:00 p.m. | Interdisciplinary Seminar in Health Disparities: Healthcare Delivery in the Age of COVID-19
- 3:00 p.m. | Postdoctoral Awards for Research Excellence
- 3:00 p.m. | REDCap Functions Training Session
- 4:00 p.m. | Introduction to Zotero
- 5:30 p.m. | Free Speech on Campus
- 7:00 p.m. | Getting Involved in Research event recording available
Wednesday, October 21
- 10:00 a.m. | How is COVID-19 Impacting Mobility, Health and Teen Driving in NC?
- 11:00 a.m. | Human Nature Panel Discussion: Editing Along Ethical Boundaries
- 12:00 p.m. | From Research To Rapid Response: Case Studies of University-Agency Partnerships in Response to COVID-19 event recording available
- 1:00 p.m. | Introduction to Sciwheel (formerly F1000 Workspace)
- 1:00 p.m. | Jefferson Pilot and James Woods Awards
- 1:00 p.m. | Applied Scholarship at UNC Law
- 1:30 p.m. | Orientation for New Clinical Research Personnel
- 3:00 p.m. | Advancing Health Equity Solutions at UNC
- 3:30 p.m. | Exercise and Sport Science Undergraduate Research Symposium Open House
- 4:00 p.m. | Using Data in Excel
- 4:00 p.m. | Undergraduate Research in Romance Studies: Info Session
- 4:00 p.m. | Using Makerspace Technology for Research
- 5:00 p.m. | Getting Involved in Undergraduate Research in Biology event recording available
- 5:30 p.m. | Featured Event: UNC’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic event recording available
- 7:00 p.m. | 3 Minute Thesis
Thursday, October 22
- 11:00 a.m. | HSRC’s Work to Improve Tools and Methods for Reducing Traffic Crashes and Injuries
- 1:00 p.m. | Listening to Engage: Using Oral History Across Discipline, Region, and Community
- 2:00 p.m. | A Dangerous Sisterhood: The Lost History of the National Organization for Women
- 2:00 p.m. | X-ray Vision: Examining Comic Book Science & Human Factors Design
- 4:00 p.m. | Telling the Regional Story: The Narratives that Unite and Divide in North Carolina
- 5:00 p.m. | Ethics in 15 Minutes
- 6:00 p.m. | Writing Abstracts
Friday, October 23
- All Day | Thomas M. Carsey Graduate Student Symposium Winners Announced
- 7:00 p.m. | Say Their Names: An Evening of 00:08:46 Play/Monologue Readings
Wednesday, October 28
Here are a selection of pre-recorded sessions by our researchers on their amazing findings that you can watch at anytime.
In the most recent installment of the UNC Nutrition Research Institute’s Appetite for Life series, Martin Kohlmeier, MD, PhD, provides an overview of the latest CDC information on nutrition risk for COVID-19.
Director of UNC’s Nutrition Research Institute Steve Zeisel provides an overview on the institute’s focus on precision nutrition and a call for collaborators across campus to reach out to discuss opportunities.
NC TraCS is a grant-funded institute founded as a service to the research community — guiding researchers through clinical trials and regulatory approval, all the way to implementation in patient care. A newly-released video highlights three UNC researchers who show ground-breaking possibilities with TraCS support – drones that deliver life-saving equipment, potential mental health treatment based on brain wave therapy, and 3D-printed intravaginal rings to deliver therapeutics for women’s health. The North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences (NC TraCS) Institute is here to help strengthen and accelerate research at UNC-Chapel Hill and beyond.
The Media Production Unit of the Department of Communication is pleased to present a selection of creative work made by our undergraduate filmmaking students. This collection of six short narrative and documentary films highlights the artistic and research range of our advanced media production students.
Learn about the latest news and happenings at BeAM, a network of makerspace communities across UNC-CH.
BeAM@CAROLINA is a network of makerspaces where you can join the UNC maker community in the design and making of physical objects for education, research, entrepreneurship and recreation. BeAM trainings are now virtually available to faculty, staff, professional, and graduate students. Courses include 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, and Basic Tools.